EMT-BIL • OH • MD • PA • TX • WI
We are looking to hire confident EMT’s to provide patients with basic medical care. EMT’s may be required to collaborate with other emergency medical personnel such as paramedics, medical supervisors and or hospital staff to stabilize patients, and if needed, arrange their transportation to a medical facility. You must be a team player, as you will most often be part of a BLS team (two EMT’s) or an ALS team (EMT & Paramedic). You will conduct yourself in a professional manner, display a positive company image in the way you dress, your physical and verbal demeanor, and above all, your ability to care for each and every patient. You will be required to continue your education to keep your state licensure and acknowledge accountability for all patient care provided. Completing PCR’s (patient care reports) as need, ensuring detailed patient, incident and insurance information are all documented. Candidates must be certified (EMT-B) with the State of Illinois, physically agile, able to remain in control, make judicious decisions and have outstanding people skills.
Shift positions are available days, nights and weekends, throughout the week. Our employee commitment request is simple, each employee must complete two shifts (events) per month at a minimum. You’ll find us supporting clients and patrons at large scale events like Lollapalooza, Spring Awakening and Riot Fest. We proudly continue our support of the Chicago Bears, the Chicago Fire, headliner concerts, and other events at Soldier Field. If year-round music is more your thing, we support Joe’s on Weed Street, The Vic, Park West, The Riviera, Auditorium Theater, even the Lyric Opera to name a few.
- Attending crew meetings and training events.
- Operating emergency vehicles safely and proficiently.
- Responding to medical requests from the command center in larger venues.
- Assessing patients’ conditions and responsiveness to interventions.
- Assessing the nature and extent of emergency situations and need for additional assistance.
- Mitigating incidents by helping to control crowds away from patient and performing other duties.
- Assisting other emergency medical personnel if needed.
- Organizing reception of patients at medical treatment facilities.
- Liaising with healthcare facilities regarding patients’ vital statistics.
- Inspection of BLS sling bag and radio before the beginning of a shift or event.
- Completing detailed and legible patient care reports (PCR’s) and other documentation.
- Complying with applicable policies and procedures, SOPs and medical protocols.
- High school diploma, GED, or a suitable equivalent.
- Current and valid State of Illinois EMT certification.
- Valid state driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Physically strong, agile and dexterous.
- Professional manner and appearance in keeping with corporate standards.
Other jobs at Event Medical Solutions
IL • OH • MD • PA • TX • WI
EMS Field Supervisor