EMS Field SupervisorIL
EMS Field Supervisor
We are looking to hire an experienced EMS Field Supervisor to oversee EMS crews before, during and after events. If needed, EMS Field Supervisors may be required to collaborate with other EMS or medical personnel and or hospital staff to stabilize patients, and if needed, arrange their transportation to a medical facility. You must be a team player, as you will be leading an EMS teams. You will conduct yourself in a professional manner, display a positive company image in the way you dress, your physical and verbal demeanor, and above all, your ability to care for each and every patient. You will be required to continue your education to keep your state licensure and acknowledge accountability for all patient care provided. The ability to review and update detailed PCR’s (patient care reports) as need, and ensuring detailed patient, incident and insurance information are all documented in our ESO software client as required. Candidates must have a current paramedic certification in good standing with the State of Illinois, physically agile, able to remain in control, make judicious decisions and have outstanding people skills.
Shift positions are available days, nights and weekends, throughout the week. You’ll find us supporting clients and patrons at large scale events like Lollapalooza, Spring Awakening and Riot Fest. We proudly continue our support of the Chicago Bears, the Chicago Fire, headliner concerts, and other events at Soldier Field.
- Monitors performance of crew members and peers, corrects errors as necessary, and provides training and feedback.
- Evaluates performance of crew members and peers and submits written and verbal reports as required or requested. They can perform audit and inspection duties usually done by EMS Supervisor, i.e., check reports, perform diagnosis coding, issue supplies, sign off manifest, inspect vehicles and stations, etc.
- As a management representative in the field, this supervisor has the duty to advise, assist or offer service to other co-workers and positions with authority to influence the decisions made by peers. EMS Supervisor cannot issue corrective action. The supervisor may issue informal counseling as needed. Corrective action will only be issued by corporate leadership after reviewing opportunities with the Field Supervisor regarding staff.
- Represents the company to outside organizations, agencies, facilities, and at special events as assigned.
- Must attend Operations staff meetings and other specified meetings required by the Operations Department.
- Serves as a leader and role-model when responding to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols, and company policies.
- Assists the in continuing education and training in orientation and other continuing education programs.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of company policies and procedures and be able to interpret these for others.
- Must demonstrate ability to solve unusual problems and give precise direction. Must have above average teaching and motivational abilities.
- Must have above average ability to work cooperatively, courteously, and professionally with co-workers, customers, the public, and governmental agencies in an often-demanding environment.
- Must have above average knowledge of local, regional, state and federal laws, rules and regulations pertaining to EMS and ambulance operations.
- Ability to counsel employees effectively to achieve a desired result.
- Ability to gain respect from others rather than demanding it
- Ability to counsel co-workers by assessing personal competencies, values, and goals, and identifying and planning for development.
- Ability to serve as an instructor by presenting information and directing structured learning experiences so that individuals learn.
Other jobs at Event Medical Solutions
IL • OH • MD • PA • TX • WI
IL • OH • MD • PA • TX • WI